Ian‘s Crystal Ball – We ARE NOT Going Back To 2019
Presentation with Ian Balwin
Speaker, Ian Balwin shares his experience and expertise on key learning points from 2020 and 2021. What if you could turn the challenges from the last year into opportunities? Ian will discuss the challenges and provide insight that may just give you the tools you need to tackle 2022 and beyond.
- How we have done more with less. The pain points and sustainability for the next several years.
- Short-term challenges for 2022, inventory, and labor.
- Longer-term challenges for next 5 years, labor and consumer.
- Challenging everything: opening hours, selection, full-service vs. e-commerce, community status.
- Irreversible changes in the market, demographic shifts, a different consumer of all ages, multi-channel retailing.
- How smart GCs will invest the money and apply the learnings to remake garden retailing.