Don’t let limited water and bad soil keep your customers from a great garden! This season reduce watering, promote rooting, and boost soil microbiology with NutriRoot and ArborChar.
What is NutriRoot?
NutriRoot 2-2-3 Liquid Soil Applied Fertilizer is a unique blend of nutrients, seaweed extract, humic acid, surfactants, and humectants designed to accelerate root development and to reduce water stress in new plantings, mature trees, shrubs, and lawns.
What is ArborChar?
ArborChar is uniquely built to be a soil amendment and fertilizer, blending organic nutrients with biochar, a porous and activated carbon material, which helps to build soil, conserve water, and sequester carbon, while aiding in the proliferation of soil microorganisms. ArborChar will improve leaf vigor, root development, and soil structure in indoor and outdoor plants, trees, and shrubs.
Apply NutriRoot directly to the soil in containerized plants or spray the base of balled/burlapped plants to ensure watering is more efficient. Drench soil with NutriRoot before and after transplanting to help with root establishment.
Existing landscape applications can be made before bud break, monthly during the growing season (particularly during hot, dry months), and after leaves have dropped in the fall.
The basic dilution is 1.25-1.5 fl. oz. NutriRoot in 1 gallon of water. Use higher rates for newly transplanted trees or trees with root loss. Use lower rates for routine maintenance and to alleviate drought stress. Add water slowly to reduce foaming.
Use ArborChar All Purpose Grow and Root, Flower, & Fruit to amend soils while promoting plant growth. Use ArborChar Summer Stress to maintain green color and plant vigor in stressful summer conditions. Mix in at least 1 inch below the surface in new planting beds, around established plants, or in the root zone when planting. Repeat applications throughout the growing season every two to four weeks to maintain optimal nutrition. Water in thoroughly after application. For best results, water with NutriRoot.
Measure 1 – 4 tsp of ArborChar per 1-5 gallon container or 3 cups/approximately 1 lb. to cover 200 sq. ft. Use higher rates for clay and sandy soils and one time applications. Use lower rates for routine maintenance and potted plants. Create your own soil blend by adding ¼ – ½ cup to a 40lb bag of soil, then till into garden or use as backfill.
General Planting Tips:
- Always dig a wide hole. Planting trees and shrubs too deep will limit their success of survival. Dig the hole two to three times the diameter of the root ball or container. Some plants like tomatoes will thrive when planted deeper, but if you’re not sure, go wide and then backfill.
- Adding your own or locally sourced compost will help products like NutriRoot & ArborChar work faster by adding additional organic matter and beneficial organisms. Compost can also increase the soil’s ability to hold water. Try blending compost and ArborChar together first in a bucket or wheel barrow, then add to the soil.
- Keep plants in their pots and the soil moist until you are ready to put them in the ground.
- Be careful not to pull on the stem of the tree or plant. Try holding the pot in one hand, flip it upside down, and give it a sharp tap on the bottom to release the plant. For larger containers or burlapped trees lift by the root mass.
- If the roots are a solid mass, gently loosen the root ball. It may be necessary to score the root mass in several places. This will help encourage new root growth.
- After filling in the soil around the plant, use your hands to firm the soil and eliminate air pockets.
- Water slowly and deeply. The roots should never dry out completely, nor should they be waterlogged. Thorough soakings that moisten the soil to the entire depth of the root mass are better than frequent light waterings.
- Adding 2-3 inches of mulch will help to conserve water and prevent weeds. When adding ArborChar to existing plantings, move back any mulch and scratch ArborChar into at least the top 2 inches of the soils, then return mulch.
Order Now Using Program Number: A93E2