Beauty on the Outside. Quality on the Inside.™
All the Riches of the Earth®
Sun Gro Horticulture is pleased to announce that their premium, high-quality Black Gold Potting Mix brand has been refreshed with dynamic, attention–getting packaging.
Bruce Adams, Sun Gro Marketing, points out that although the packaging is new, it’s the same high-quality, professional ingredients on the inside that count; hence the theme Beauty on the Outside. Quality on the Inside™.
Adams pointed out some of the design enhancements:
- Refreshed, stylized Black Gold logo incorporating the existing gold vignette
- Bold, modern, attention-grabbing fonts
- Dynamic photographic flower, vegetable and plant images that are easily identifiable and “pop” in contrast to the black background of the packaging
- Large, color-coded label “shields” similar to the existing packaging to differentiate at the shelf
- Strong feature “call outs” such as 6-month feed, all natural and the Sun Gro patented RESiLIENCE® logo
Black Gold® is Sun Gro’s top-selling retail line of premium potting mixes, specialty mixes and garden amendments since 1983. The widely successful brand is in great demand by gardening retailers and consumers across the U.S. The family of Black Gold products consistently yields great gardens, services almost every gardening need and comes in a variety of package sizes.
Adams noted that, “Black Gold mixes are positioned as a higher end and a better quality product than our competition; now, more so than ever with the addition of RESiLIENCE®. RESiLIENCE® is our beneficial plant nutrient that can result in more vigorous plants, delayed wilt, stronger roots and earlier flowering when added to a growing medium.”
“Our new refreshed packaging conveys the contemporary imagery typically associated with higher-quality, premium products”, he said.
The new Black Gold packaging retail story will be supported with a new web site www.blackgold.bz, digital and social media including: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube, monthly e-newsletters and web articles, in-store point of sale materials, radio and TV sponsorship.
The new packaging will be phased in starting in the fall of 2016.
* OMRI Listed®, worm castings and RESiLIENCE® enriched in selected mixes
Order now using program number: S84S1