With the growing interest in “eating clean,” more home gardeners are looking for ways to keep their growing methods organic. From the moment a seed goes into the soil until the day of harvest, these customers are looking for a way to grow organically.
These same gardeners also seek out organic pest control solutions, and you can provide for them by offering a selection of Safer® Brand insect, mite, weed and fungal control sprays. Each of these sprays is OMRI Listed®, meaning they have been reviewed by the Organic Materials Review Institute and are considered compliant for use in organic production.
To stand out from competitors, who often rely on synthetic chemicals that can linger in the ecosystem or even be ingested by the gardener, Safer® Brand uses four key ingredients in its garden pest control products:
Safer® Brand pyrethrin products use PyGanic®, an OMRI Listed® source of this insecticide. How do pyrethrins work? They disrupt an insect’s nervous system, which leads to its quick death. Pyrethrins are derived from chrysanthemums, the popular flower known for its pest resistance.
Neem Oil is truly a miracle treatment for gardens under threat. Derived from the neem tree, it works as an insecticide, miticide and a fungicide, which means one spray can be used to combat all these problems. Even better, the EPA states that the oil has “no unreasonable adverse effects,” which makes it a great product for organic growers.
POTASSIUM SALTS OF FATTY ACIDS
This compound attacks the body coverings of insects, ultimately breaking down their cellular membranes. The cell contents leak out, which triggers an unstoppable dehydration process. Potassium salts of fatty acids are commonly referred to as soap salts, and especially effective against soft-bodied insects. Higher concentrations are effective against unwanted weeds and grasses.
The key component of fungicides, sulfur works to prevent fungal spores from germinating. It’s a naturally occurring element, and was once known as brimstone.
GET TO KNOW THE SAFER® SEVEN
With the growing importance of organics to your customers’ buying decisions, you need to upgrade your pest control lineup. To do so, turn to Safer® Brand and its line of OMRI Listed® products. To cover all your bases, from total insect control to fungi/disease control to weed control, check out the lineup we call The Safer Seven:
- Neem Oil Spray (5180-6) is Safer® Brand’s newest product and features neem oil to battle insects, mites and fungus without any need for mixing the neem. Active Ingredients: Neem Oil
- EndALL ® Insect Killer® (5102-6) is a patented, unique formulation that kills insects from eggs to adults. Active Ingredients: Neem Oil, Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
- Tomato & Vegetable Insect Killer (5085-6) appeals to customers who shop by specific issue (tomatoes are the most commonly home-grown garden plant). Active Ingredients: Pyrethrins, Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
- Insect Killing Soap (5110-6) is the original organic gardening insecticide and remains one of the most popular solutions for insect control. Consumers seek this product by name! Active Ingredient:Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
- 3-in-1 Garden Spray (5452-6) is a product for consumers who do not know what is causing their plant problems: 3-in-1 takes care of insects, mites and fungi. Active Ingredients: Sulfur, Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
- Garden Fungicide (5450 -6) is a fast-acting fungicide that solves numerous types of plant disease or fungi issues. Active Ingredient: Sulfur
- Weed & Grass Killer (5055-6) is a for-organic-gardening weed killer that appeals to consumers who want to avoid glyphosate. Active Ingredient: Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
By ordering this particular group of pest control products, you’ll have everything on hand when your customers come asking for help. With Safer® Brand, you’ll be able to confidently recommend products that are compliant with organic gardening standards and ready to use as soon as they get home.
Order Now Using Program Number: W75E3